All around us, life as we know it, has been dismantled. As the world works to manage the Covid-19 pandemic, we wake up every day with a fresh set of worries. Our jobs, our children’s education, the mental well-being of our family and friends, and of course, the big one, physical health. The greatest challenge we face is the unknown. Hope is hard to achieve without knowledge of the future.
The thing is though, we can do it. Whatever tomorrow brings, we will handle it. We’ve already successfully managed things we’d never have thought necessary and we aren’t crumbling. In fact, we are getting smarter and stronger and more resourceful. We can do this. We ARE doing it. It’s going to be okay.
Amanda Rose Esthetics encourages you to be hopeful, and the benefits will be beautiful.
What is NAD+? Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, or NAD+ for short, is a coenzyme found in all living cells. It’s function is nothing short of miraculous and is essential in fundamental biological processes, including DNA repair, cell renewal, and energy conversion. As we age, NAD+ decreases. This depletion has been associated with age-related illnesses, poor performance in all basic system functions, and increased physical aging.
The scientific research on the anti-aging benefits of NAD+ is extensive, and actually quite fascinating. As we suspect you have one or two or 74 things on your to-do list today, we’ll just summarize some key points.
Why NAD+ IV therapy? The list of reported benefits of NAD+ IV therapy is impressively long, and seems to be growing as scientists discover more about the essential role NAD+ plays in overall health and wellness. NAD+ therapy patients and professionals have indicated the following results:
- Reduces signs of aging, and slows the aging process.
- Restores appearance of skin, including wrinkle reduction.
- Improves neurological function, mental clarity.
- Boosts energy levels, reduces fatigue.
- Restores muscle function and performance.
These are just some of the physical benefits experienced with NAD+ IV therapy. Those who suffer from chronic conditions may also find relief and the lessening of symptoms with NAD+ therapy. Conditions that may benefit from the therapy include:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
NAD+ IV is also used as a form of addiction therapy, with promising results. Aiding in healing the brain on the cellular level, NAD+ therapy gives individuals a better chance at long term recovery. Experts have also noted the ability of NAD+ to reduce cravings and minimize withdrawal symptoms.
Contact Amanda Rose Esthetics for a personalized NAD+ IV therapy treatment plan. Just have some questions? Call for a free consultation.
Laser treatments have earned a reputation for producing excellent results while at the same time being quick and relatively painless. Shorter and less intense recovery periods sweeten the deal, resulting in one of the most popular treatments in the medical esthetics industry.
The ideal time for laser treatments is during the Fall and Winter months. Our skin is generally lighter during these months. Lasers penetrate more easily on lighter skin, making the treatment more effective. Also, laser treatments increase skin’s sensitivity so avoiding sun exposure is crucial.
Lucky for us, it’s just coming up on March and there’s still time!
Lasers can treat many skin concerns, in a number of ways. Fractional laser resurfacing and IPL are two of the most popular tools in skin restoration.
What is fractional laser skin resurfacing? Each laser session reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and overall uneven skin tone. The use of fractional lasers also encourages the body to produce more collagen, which is what gives our skin the elasticity and smoothness of our youth. Unfortunately, when we hit our thirties, collagen production tends to slow down and will eventually stop altogether. Fractional laser resurfacing is able to naturally increase collagen production and increase skin’s elasticity without trauma to the skin.
How does it work? A fractional laser is used to target imperfections, as identified in a consultation between patient and provider. Your provider will choose a wavelength setting based on your skin tone, skin type and desired results. These lasers then send quick pulses toward the skin, creating microscopic wounds not visible to the naked eye. This result in the elimination of damaged skin cells that are causing the wrinkles and fine lines as the body naturally responds by eliminating them through our waste system and replacing them with healthy skin cells. The same is done when trying to minimize or eliminate skin discoloration and age spots. These are removed by having the laser target the pigment of these damaged skin cells, breaking them up into smaller particles. This makes it easier for the body’s waste system to remove them.
Fractional lasers can also send wavelengths deep into the layers of the skin, targeting problems that most products can’t. One of the most common reasons people seek out these laser treatments is because they can stimulate collagen production. Not only is this a popular laser treatment for the face, but for the chest and neck as well, as these are the areas of the body where a lack of collagen production is most noticeable. Collagen is what gives the skin its elasticity, and without it the skin appears much thinner, loose, and wrinkled.
Why choose fractional laser resurfacing? Aside from it’s reasonable cost, fractional laser resurfacing is extremely convenient. Each session takes an average of 10 minutes and can be easily done on your lunch break. As this is a noninvasive procedure, most people experience few or no side effects other than redness and slight swelling. There is little or no downtime required, and other than taking steps to avoid using makeup and sun exposure, you can go back to your regular routine right away. The most obvious and likely reason for this procedure’s popularity, is that IT WORKS. Those who have invested in this treatment have reported more even skin tone, reduction in wrinkles, and more youthful appearance.
What is IPL? IPL, or intense pulsed light, is a versatile treatment that can improve a range of issues on the face, hands, neck, and chest, including brown spots, broken capillaries, and rosacea. The energy stimulates collagen and elastin production, which may help reduce fine lines and shrink enlarged pores. It works by delivering an arc of light that penetrates all levels of the skin, without harming the surface, resulting in minimal downtime, if any at all.
Why choose IPL? While most laser treatments deliver one intensified wavelength in a focused, localized beam, IPL delivers broad-spectrum visible light at multiple wavelengths, by painting the area in broad strokes. This means IPL can address several different skin concerns at the same time, such as brown spots and red spots. Lasers focusing on a specific wavelength address only one problem more intensely. IPL light is also more scattered, so it’s able to treat skin without damaging the top layer, resulting in quicker healing.
While optimal laser days are dwindling, Amanda Rose Esthetics has you covered. Our newly expanded staff of laser professionals is waiting for you.
Although many advancements have been made in the field of non-invasive facial rejuvenation, some experts have maintained that the only way to see significant, guaranteed improvement is through surgery. Despite our strongest desires and greatest devotions to preserving our youth and skin health, surgery is simply not a viable option for most of us, for many reasons.
Enter Plasma Pen, the most advanced, non-invasive skin tightening and rejuvenation device. It’s highly versatile and very effective in improving common concerns such as wrinkles, texture, loss of elasticity and loss of volume in almost any area. Plasma Pen converts electrical energy into nitrogen and transmits that energized gas in a non-contact way to the skin’s surface. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer while simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper layers of the skin. This thermal conduction is known as fibroblasting and results in collagen production in our connective tissue.
What makes the Plasma Pen such a power player in the pursuit of youthful skin, is that it’s currently the only non-surgical treatment that can be applied to the eyelids. Minimal side effects, very little downtime, dramatic results.
Check out these photos of three of Amanda’s patients. Each photo depicts results after one Plasma Pen treatment.
Contact Amanda Rose Esthetics and learn how you can tap into the power of the Plasma Pen to reach your specific rejuvenation goals.
Raise your hand if your first priority in your anti-aging pursuit is your face. Everyone? Obviously, right? I mean it’s your face! It’s what identifies you as you, and it holds your most defining and essential features. It makes sense to make your face the primary focus when investing in anti-aging treatments. The thing is, well…have you looked at your neck lately? Many of us are walking around with youthful, well-treated faces sitting atop stringy, saggy, spotty, multi-toned necks. Nora Ephron even wrote a book titled, “I Feel Bad About My Neck” describing this and other seemingly inevitable degradations related to getting older. We’ve heard it’s a great read if jaunty memoirs are your go-to genre. Although this book’s subject matter has more of a horror feel if you ask us…
But anyway, deep breaths! Many of the treatments we’ve applied to our faces can also improve the elasticity and texture of the neck as well. If your face and neck look 3 decades apart in age, read on to learn which treatments will remedy this.
Generally, there are three main problems to target when treating the neck.
The problem: DROOPINESS/SAGGING.
If it is excess skin that is causing droopiness and/or sagging;
- A skin-tightening treatment may help, such as TempSure Envi. TempSure Envi is a non-surgical skin tightening treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to firm up loose skin on the face and body. It’s a non-invasive, pleasant treatment with zero downtime.
- Other options include fillers, injected along the jawbone to pull slack skin taut, lifting and smoothing folds and creases.
- Neurotoxins such as Dysport, Botox and Xeomin can be used to relax the platysmal bands that run vertically from the jawbone to the clavicle tugging down on the skin, causing sagging and drooping over time.
- The latest technology developed for skin tightening is Fibroblast Therapy. Fibroblast is the only cosmetic treatment to use plasma to reduce the volume of excess skin. It delivers tiny arcs of plasma created by an electrical discharge, singeing the surface to tighten the underlying tissue. Low risk, minimal downtime. More affordable than surgery, but with very similar results.
If it’s fat that making the skin on your neck appear loose;
- a fat-dissolving technique such as Kybella could provide a solution. Kybella is a first-of-its-kind injectable treatment that destroys fat cells under the chin to improve your profile.
The problem: UNEVEN SKIN TONE.
Sun damage, acne scars, broken blood vessels, dark spots from hormonal changes, and redness from rosacea are among the conditions leading to uneven skin tone.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) uses broadband light to target skin discoloration at a molecular level without incision. It is non-invasive, highly effective, and tackles multiple concerns with minimal application.
- Fraxel is another non-invasive, minimal downtime laser treatment available. A fraction of your skin is targeted with the laser, while the surrounding untreated tissue promotes accelerated healing, stimulates new collagen and adds firmness and resilience. Fraxel can repair sun damage, smooth wrinkles and diminish or eliminate acne scarring.
The Problem: WRINKLES.
- Oh the neck lines. They can be vertical or horizontal, like rings. The horizontal tree-ring looking lines are likely due, in part, to the amount of time we spend with our chins dropped toward our necks, looking at our phone or laptop screen. It’s a thing guys. With a name. It’s called, “Tech Neck”. A non-ablative resurfacing laser like Fraxel can also help here. Fraxel boosts collagen, resulting in tightening and smoothing of the skin.
- Radiofrequency treatment like TempSure Envi can aid here as well, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and improving skin elasticity along the neck.
- For some, vertical lines can be seen in the neck even when the platysmal muscles are not flexed. These vertical wrinkles can be greatly reduced or even eliminated by relaxing the muscles with a neurotoxin (Botox, Xeomin or Dysport).
Vampire Facial treatment can be considered when seeking resolution to any of the skin concerns mentioned above. Using blood-derived growth factors (PRP), the Vampire Facial Procedure is a safe procedure for renewing the skin of the face and other body areas for correcting texture and color. Through Microneedling, PRP is applied into the tissue resulting in tightening, smoothing, and increased blood flow.
The highly skilled providers at Amanda Rose Esthetics share your goal of looking and feeling YOUR best. So bring your lovely face on in for a visit and discover the possibilities awaiting your neck!
*IPL photo courtesy of racheljeffriesphotography.com