Holy BROW, things have gone way beyond plucking and tweezing in the eyebrow maintenance department, opening up some very exciting face-framing possibilities! We all know a change in eyebrow shape, size, and/or fullness can be positively transforming! That is the totally excellent and also totally terrifying truth about the powerful impact of eyebrows.
Fortunately, Amanda Rose Esthetics recently welcomed brow expert Joanna Marza (instagram – @raincitybrows) to the team and she’s wowing us with her brow perfecting skills. More on superstar brow artist Joanna in a bit…
Here’s a quick look at brow treatment options now available at Amanda Rose Esthetics:
- Microblading – a hand applied, semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo, custom designed and delicately drawn to perfectly replicate real individual hairs. This service includes brow design based on measurements, face shape, bone structure, facial features and the client’s desired results.
- Powder Brow – another semi-permanent treatment applied by a digital device that allows color to be layered into the brow, creating a soft, powdery looking brow. Powder Brow is ideal for those with an existing shape who are looking to fill in sparse areas and create a denser brow.
- Blade and Shade (Combo/Fusion Brow) – a combination of both techniques. Microblading is applied around the border of the brow to give the brow a natural look. The powder effect is applied to the body of the brow for fullness and depth.
Keep your eye on Amanda Rose Esthetics for more on Joanna and her permanent makeup artistry. Better yet, call (425) 949-9905 for your free consult! She can’t wait to meet you.
The majority of BOTOX® patients are thrilled with the results from their initial treatment, and immediately want to know how to keep their newly refined features. There are a few factors to consider when determining the time frame between injections.
How often should you get BOTOX® treatments? As months go by, wrinkles will gradually resurface, and facial contractions will resume. However, with regular treatments, you can keep these wrinkles at bay, but more importantly, PREVENT NEW ONES from forming!
Typically, the effects of BOTOX® last for up to three to four months. Continued treatment results in minimized facial contracting which means the period of time for each treatment may be extended longer than three or four months.
Factors that affect results and length of time between treatments are:
- How many units are used. If a smaller amount is injected into the target area, the results will wear off quickly.
- Muscle characteristics. Patients with particularly thick facial muscles will require more injections in order to achieve the desired effect. This is because thicker muscles are more difficult to affect with injections, and rather than injecting deeper into thick muscles, more injections are administered to ensure that the same safety standards are met. Another factor that can affect results is the specific muscle that is being treated. BOTOX® and other neuromodulators wear off most quickly in the muscles that are used most frequently, such as crow’s feet that surround the eyes since you are constantly blinking throughout the day. Also, the bigger the muscle, the quicker you will see the results diminish (and vice versa).
- Your lifestyle. The amount of physical activity you participate in is a factor that can affect results. Those who exercise consistently may notice that their results from injections fade faster. This is because a physically active person’s metabolism runs at a much higher rate than more sedentary people. Conditioned bodies tend to heal faster and will eliminate the product from their body more quickly.
- Your injector’s expertise. The experience of the injector is a very important factor that can affect results. If BOTOX® is injected too deeply, it is possible to hit a blood vessel which could cause bruising. On the other hand, if BOTOX® is injected too superficially the result can be visible lines or bumps in the skin.
Amanda’s knowledge, experience and skill ensures patient safety, minimal discomfort, and results that often exceed expectations. She will consider all of the above and more to create the ideal treatment schedule for each patient.
Lip fillers can smooth, plump and contour, creating a picture-perfect pout instantly, making it one of the industry’s most popular treatments. Galderma is a leading manufacturer of hyaluronic acid fillers, and they’ve developed a brand new product, designed to address the two main concerns from providers and patients.
- Natural look, feel and movement. The innovation in Kysse, Galderma’s new hyaluronic acid filler is the use of the proprietary XpresHAn (aka “expression”) Technology. This new product changes the way hyaluronic acid binds inside your lips. It has the ability to bind with your own tissue, becoming one with your lips. So talking, kissing and smiling looks and feels more natural.
- Long lasting results. The second reason this new product is such a big hit is that providers are learning that less product is needed to achieve desired results, and effects are lasting significantly longer than with other facial fillers. Kysse has the potential to last nearly a year, while the standard time frame is 3-6 months.
Kysse is quickly becoming one of Amanda’s favorite products as it allows patients to keep their own natural shape and feel, while delivering the smoothing, plumping results we desire. Fewer treatments due to longer lasting product sweetens the deal. This treatment is especially ideal for those considering lip filler but fearful of looking as if they’ve had their lips “done”.
Check out this gorgeous pair recently enhanced with Kysse at Amanda Rose Esthetics!
Anyone else kind of miss the days when summer was really just about getting a super savage tan to impress your friends with upon return to work/school? A good day on vacation was a day spent baking with baby oil, hair spritzed with lemon juice, lounging on a bed of tin foil? Now that we’re all grown up and acutely aware of the sun’s damaging rays, we must never ever think of sunbathing as a summer ‘activity’ again. BUT! We do NOT have to give up on getting a GOLDEN GLOW!
Aquagold® Microneedling. … Aquagold is a revolutionary microneedle device that contains 24 karat needles, each of which is smaller than a hair follicle. This device delivers products such as platelet-rich-plasma, dermal fillers, muscle relaxants, retinol, and antioxidants directly into the skin. It’s the perfect solution for painless treatment of sensitive areas including peri-oral (around the mouth), peri-orbital (around the eyes), forehead, neck, back of hands, and décolletage.
Chances are that this device will become the ‘go-to’ device for boosting collagen and administering products directly into skin due to the efficient and PAINLESS delivery process. For many of us, that’s enough said, we’re SOLD on the GOLD! However, as always, we have the photos to prove it!
You’ve seen our girl Kristi’s beautiful face highlighted here before, and she’s back to give us her daily recovery report after a recent Fibroblast Plasma Therapy treatment. Kristi elected to have multiple areas treated in a single appointment, so her recovery process was considerable. Many patients opt to treat smaller areas over several appointments for a faster and less intense healing process. Some, like Kristi, plan for significant recovery time, and tackle all areas in a single appointment. Patients can talk with Amanda, and find the treatment plan that works best for them.
Why Fibroblast Plasma Therapy? Kristi chose Fibroblast Plasma Therapy to diminish and possibly eliminate wrinkles around her eyes, and deeper furrows between brows. Amanda also treated Kristi’s lower face, jawline and neck to firm and tighten. Fibroblast Plasma Therapy reduces wrinkles and increases collagen production, making it the ideal treatment option for Kristi’s concerns.
What to expect during treatment? Kristi’s session was almost 6 hours long, and she prepared for discomfort with an OTC painkiller. Certain areas, especially the neck, are very sensitive and that’s where she experienced the most discomfort. Amanda will discuss options for pain management (patient comfort is priority for Amanda) as well as determine estimated length of treatment with each patient prior to their appointment.
Kristi took photos for us throughout her recovery. This photo was taken the evening of the appointment. Scabs had formed, swelling had already begun.
The morning after treatment, she awoke with additional swelling.
24 hours after treatment, plenty of swelling, some oozing beginning.
Day 2, she woke up with eyes swollen and increased oozing.
Day 3, swelling persisted, but didn’t increase. Face felt hot throughout the day.
Day 4, slight improvement in swelling and heat.
Day 5, after showering and gently removing loose scabbing. Definite reduction in swelling.
And finally, 2 weeks post treatment, Kristi reported 75% wrinkle reduction!
A microneedling treatment is planned to even the skin tone, and eliminate any slight redness that remains.
We appreciate Kristi documenting her daily progress and sharing it with us. She’s amazed by her results! We’ll check back in after her microneedling treatment for an update.