It’s what’s on the inside that counts. This is something we learned when we were young. Now that we’re…well, less young, we can apply this useful wisdom to looking and feeling our best, both inside and out! How? Drinkable collagen. Growing evidence has led researchers to explore the idea that collagen, in liquid form might be the solution to many of our skin concerns, while simultaneously providing our bodies with essentials for physical well-being. Amanda Rose Esthetics carries a drinkable collagen product that has earned rave reviews from ARE clients and beauty experts around the world.
skinade is an anti-aging collagen drink containing active ingredients to boost your body’s natural production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. This mangosteen and natural peach flavored drink delivers essential micronutrients and aims to rebuild the collagen matrix in your skin. As a liquid supplement, it’s innovative formulation is also highly bio-available, meaning that the body can absorb and make use of a higher proportion of the active ingredients. In short, more efficient delivery of high-potency, anti-aging power tools.
What are the visual benefits? skinade users have reported the following results:
- Increased skin hydration and radiance.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increased skin suppleness.
- Healthier looking hair and nails.
What’s in skinade?
- Vitamin C – essential for collagen formation.
- MSM – helps in collagen and keratin formation, improves skin elasticity and inhibits cross-linking of collagen cells, a major cause of skin aging.
- Vitamin B complex – promotes more uniform, clearer, glowing and radiant skin.
- Omegas 3 and 6 – balances dry and oily skin.
- L-lysine – is key to rebuilding collagen at the cellular level.
What’s not in skinade? skinade does not contain bovine or porcine products, hormones, GMOS, alcohol, added sugar, artificial colors or artificial flavors. skinade is gluten, dairy and lactose free.
How to use skinade: skinade comes in a 15 ml travel pouch, or ready-mixed in a 150 ml bottle. skinade is most effective when used as part of your daily skincare regime.
Why isn’t skinade available in tablet form? To consume the level of essential nutrients and collagen peptides packed into one serving of skinade, consumers would need to take at least 20 large tablets. Tablets have a much harder time assimilating into the body and are only partially absorbed. skinade‘s liquid formulation is 90 to 95 percent absorbed by the body while tablets offer an absorption rate of 30 to 40 percent.
Could this beauty in a bottle really make a difference in your skin? The ingredients in skinade are proven to benefit internally, and our skin is an extension of our inner selves. Fuel the inside, see the results of your nourishment in the mirror. Makes sense right?
You’ve researched, you’ve consulted, you’ve scheduled your appointment. Your amazing results are on the way! Now it’s time to prepare. Many anti-aging procedures do come with some mild to moderate trauma to the treated area, which can certainly take a teeny bit of fun out of the process. Fortunately, informed preparation and follow-up care can reduce side effects and speed up the healing process significantly. Common side effects for most treatments include swelling, bruising, redness and tenderness. A little education and planning will have you enjoying your results in no time.
BEFORE your appointment:
- Many injectors will advise patients to stop taking the following medications and supplements one week prior to their procedure and continue abstaining from them for 3-5 days post treatment.
Ibuprofin or related NSAIDS
St. John’s Wart
Fish Oil/Omega-3 fatty acids
- Eat your way to speedier recovery. Consider increasing consumption of leafy greens such as spinach, kale and celery to boost Vitamin K and help reduce the possibility of bruising and swelling. Fresh pineapple (not canned or frozen) contains bromelain which can help minimize bruising.
- Arnica supplements have been shown to reduce discomfort, bruising and swelling. Start taking arnica a few days before treatment and continue until bruising is resolved. Arnica + K cream can also be applied to areas most affected by bruising (around the mouth and under the eyes) for several days before injection.
- Skip the salt. Injectable fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, which pulls in water, so salt can increase swelling. Cut back on it for 24 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol a few days before treatment. It acts as a blood thinner making you more susceptible to bleeding, bruising and swelling.
- Hydrate! This one is crucial. Drinking plenty of water can speed up the wound healing process. Without proper hydration, the tissue won’t receive the oxygen and nutrients it needs for healing. This disrupts cell function, slows down the healing process, and increases risks of infection or other complications.
So, you’ve prepped yourself for optimal healing. Appointment day! Now it’s your provider’s turn to take excellent care of you. Ask questions, communicate concerns, then relax and let the expert take over. Whew!
Once treatment is complete, you can further assist in the healing process and shorten recovery time.
AFTER your appointment:
- Within the first hour, apply ice to the treated area. Continue application as needed during the first 48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activity for the first 24-48 hours as it may result in additional bruising/swelling.
- Apply topical Arnica. *Arnica is available for purchase at Amanda Rose Esthetics.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid exposing the area to excessive heat. Saunas, spas and hot showers can raise the blood pressure, leading to additional bruising.
- Avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water to maintain hydration.
- Try not to miss a meal. Nutrition is vital to the healing process. Avoid high sodium, high sugar, refined carbohydrates and spicy foods. Fuel up on leafy greens, and protein.
Encourage healing from the inside out with the above recommendations (plus any additional instruction from your provider, specific to treatment) and you’ll be blissfully gazing upon your refreshed reflection in the mirror before you know it.
The products; cleansers, toners, moisturizers, serums. The target types; anti-agers, moisture replenishers, acne fighters. The sources; drug stores, departments stores, direct sales companies, professional providers. SO MANY OPTIONS. The pursuit of the perfect potions for your skin can be exhausting, expensive and sometimes totally unsuccessful. Before your next skincare purchase, consider talking with your provider about skinbetter science® .
skinbetter science® has created award-winning products not only for patients, but for the physicians, nurses, aestheticians and surgeons who help patients achieve beautiful skin. Their products are backed by decades of rigorous clinical research (in powerhouse products like Restylane® and Dysport®) and furthered by a continued commitment to the study of skincare science.
skinbetter‘s groundbreaking treatment products are available only through authorized physicians, now including Amanda Rose Esthetics. At your next visit, inquire for your customized, effective and results-driven regimen recommendation.
Although many advancements have been made in the field of non-invasive facial rejuvenation, some experts have maintained that the only way to see significant, guaranteed improvement is through surgery. Despite our strongest desires and greatest devotions to preserving our youth and skin health, surgery is simply not a viable option for most of us, for many reasons.
Enter Plasma Pen, the most advanced, non-invasive skin tightening and rejuvenation device. It’s highly versatile and very effective in improving common concerns such as wrinkles, texture, loss of elasticity and loss of volume in almost any area. Plasma Pen converts electrical energy into nitrogen and transmits that energized gas in a non-contact way to the skin’s surface. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer while simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper layers of the skin. This thermal conduction is known as fibroblasting and results in collagen production in our connective tissue.
What makes the Plasma Pen such a power player in the pursuit of youthful skin, is that it’s currently the only non-surgical treatment that can be applied to the eyelids. Minimal side effects, very little downtime, dramatic results.
Check out these photos of three of Amanda’s patients. Each photo depicts results after one Plasma Pen treatment.
Contact Amanda Rose Esthetics and learn how you can tap into the power of the Plasma Pen to reach your specific rejuvenation goals.
Springtime means warmer weather, sunshine and short sleeves. Springtime hurls many of us straight into summer mode the moment it hits. Sunglasses and flip flops come out of storage, windows open and sunshine warms our skin and souls! Especially those of us who have spent a lifetime worshipping the sun and feeding our tan addictions at every opportunity.
The great news is that if you are a client at Amanda Rose Esthetics, you’re probably very aware of the damage your tanning tendencies have done to your youthful skin and are in the process of restoring and improving the health of your skin. Yay You! The only trouble is, how do you quiet that hungry little tan-obsessed, sun-loving monster in your head? The warmer the weather, the stronger the urge to get under some UV rays and get golden.
Enter AIRBRUSH SUNLESS TANNING. Here’s how it works:
Spray tanning involves applying an active ingredient, dihydroxyacetone, or DHA, to your skin using a low pressure spraying device. DHA is a colorless sugar. It interacts with the proteins and amino acids in the outer layer of your skin to produce a golden brown color.
Most spray tans contain an instant cosmetic bronzer that gives you a color guide and instant color when first applied. These instant cosmetic bronzers will wash away after your first shower and have no impact on the end result for your tan.
The spray tan formula will contain various amounts of DHA depending on the solution chosen. The DHA starts to activate immediately, 60% of this process is complete after the first hour yet the actual tan will continue to develop over the next 24 hours. All the cosmetic instant bronzers will wash off when showering. Your technician will tell you how long to wait before showering depending on your skin color and how dark you want your tan.
So sunlovers, spray tanning is 100% safe for your skin, can be color customized, and the airbrush application creates a smooth, velvety finish, masking imperfections and blemishes. No need to fret about wrinkles and cell damage. Embrace your love of tan and bring on the bronze!
*Airbrush tanning is now offered at Amanda Rose Esthetics!