We’ve probably all been there. Standing in the health and wellness aisle at the pharmacy or grocery store, maybe even pacing up and down. Reading labels, consulting our phone for guidance from friends or the internet, trying to remember what vitamins the doctor rattled off at the last appointment. We conclude that in order to treat our; headache, cold, flu, fatigue, hangover, anxiety, insomnia, decreased athletic performance, post-operative healing, etc. we would need to get four more shopping carts after swinging by the bank for a small loan. Then we have to remember to actually take the supplements each day, and hope our digestive systems tolerate the assault.
Unless….hold on. Is this for real? A single solution customized to tackle our unique and specific deficiencies, delivered straight to the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system and improving our health before we even exit the building?
WHY consider IV vitamin infusion therapy? Intravenous drips are the fastest and most effective way to deliver vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants throughout the body. The quality and dosage of nutrients are higher, and the absorption is optimized. IV drips bypass the digestive system eliminating side effects such as nausea, and gastro-intestinal discomfort. IV therapy can treat:
- general fatigue
- athletic training and recovery
- flu/viral illness symptoms
- skin hydration and rejuvenation
- B12 deficiency
- food poisoning
- pain/surgical recovery
- hydration, general or pre and post athletic event
- immune system support
Is anyone a candidate for IV infusion therapy? Nearly everyone can benefit from this treatment. Treatment is administered by a critical care nurse only after assessing vital signs and a thorough interview process.
What is the length/frequency of treatment? Session time depends upon treatment received, and is usually between 30 – 60 minutes. The number of treatments also depends on each individual’s needs. In most cases, desired results can be achieved in a single session.
Have more questions? Amanda Rose Esthetics has incorporated IV infusion therapy to their wellness offerings and is now scheduling appointments. Contact Amanda Rose Esthetics and give yourself a nutrient infused BOOST, designed specifically for YOU!
Kindness is a powerful thing. Even the tiniest act of generous spirit can have a deep and powerful impact. Practicing kindness prevents conflict, encourages positivity, and nurtures the soul. And GUESS WHAT else? KINDNESS IMPROVES YOUR HEALTH and……BEAUTY!
There are scientifically proven health benefits to performing and witnessing acts of kindness.
- Kindness strengthens the heart. Oxytocin, also known as the love hormone, lowers blood pressure and contributes to overall heart health.
- Kindness promotes a sense of calm and healing. Seratonin production is increased when kindness occurs. Seratonin, a naturally produced chemical in the body, promotes peacefulness and a sense of well-being that combats depression and anxiety. Serotonin also aids in healing physical wounds by decreasing pain and increasing endorphins.
- Kindness reduces stress. It reduces cortisone (stress hormone) levels in the body, thereby reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Kindness creates confidence. It breaks down barriers, promotes empathy, compassion and human connection. These feelings reduce negative emotions and inspire happiness.
Kindness is part of the unique philosophy behind Osmosis Beauty, a company now partnering with Amanda Rose Esthetics to provide clients with exceptional skin care and well-being.
What makes Osmosis different?
Their holistic approach:
- based on treating the whole-self
- focuses on holistically healing, not harming
- features ingredients essential to activate repair
- uses pharmaceutical-grade delivery systems
- treats challenging skin conditions
Amanda’s expertise and the health-minded, scientifically validated innovations from Osmosis Beauty can treat a variety of skin care concerns.
Fine lines and wrinkles.
Pigmentation and uneven skintone.
Redness and irritation.
Texturing and scarring.
Osmosis and Amanda Rose Esthetics can provide the tools and care needed to create the ideal environment to encourage real results and overall radiance. Treating our skin, and our whole selves gently, intelligently and without harshness is a way of life worth embracing.
It’s what’s on the inside that counts. This is something we learned when we were young. Now that we’re…well, less young, we can apply this useful wisdom to looking and feeling our best, both inside and out! How? Drinkable collagen. Growing evidence has led researchers to explore the idea that collagen, in liquid form might be the solution to many of our skin concerns, while simultaneously providing our bodies with essentials for physical well-being. Amanda Rose Esthetics carries a drinkable collagen product that has earned rave reviews from ARE clients and beauty experts around the world.
skinade is an anti-aging collagen drink containing active ingredients to boost your body’s natural production of collagen and hyaluronic acid. This mangosteen and natural peach flavored drink delivers essential micronutrients and aims to rebuild the collagen matrix in your skin. As a liquid supplement, it’s innovative formulation is also highly bio-available, meaning that the body can absorb and make use of a higher proportion of the active ingredients. In short, more efficient delivery of high-potency, anti-aging power tools.
What are the visual benefits? skinade users have reported the following results:
- Increased skin hydration and radiance.
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increased skin suppleness.
- Healthier looking hair and nails.
What’s in skinade?
- Vitamin C – essential for collagen formation.
- MSM – helps in collagen and keratin formation, improves skin elasticity and inhibits cross-linking of collagen cells, a major cause of skin aging.
- Vitamin B complex – promotes more uniform, clearer, glowing and radiant skin.
- Omegas 3 and 6 – balances dry and oily skin.
- L-lysine – is key to rebuilding collagen at the cellular level.
What’s not in skinade? skinade does not contain bovine or porcine products, hormones, GMOS, alcohol, added sugar, artificial colors or artificial flavors. skinade is gluten, dairy and lactose free.
How to use skinade: skinade comes in a 15 ml travel pouch, or ready-mixed in a 150 ml bottle. skinade is most effective when used as part of your daily skincare regime.
Why isn’t skinade available in tablet form? To consume the level of essential nutrients and collagen peptides packed into one serving of skinade, consumers would need to take at least 20 large tablets. Tablets have a much harder time assimilating into the body and are only partially absorbed. skinade‘s liquid formulation is 90 to 95 percent absorbed by the body while tablets offer an absorption rate of 30 to 40 percent.
Could this beauty in a bottle really make a difference in your skin? The ingredients in skinade are proven to benefit internally, and our skin is an extension of our inner selves. Fuel the inside, see the results of your nourishment in the mirror. Makes sense right?
You’ve researched, you’ve consulted, you’ve scheduled your appointment. Your amazing results are on the way! Now it’s time to prepare. Many anti-aging procedures do come with some mild to moderate trauma to the treated area, which can certainly take a teeny bit of fun out of the process. Fortunately, informed preparation and follow-up care can reduce side effects and speed up the healing process significantly. Common side effects for most treatments include swelling, bruising, redness and tenderness. A little education and planning will have you enjoying your results in no time.
BEFORE your appointment:
- Many injectors will advise patients to stop taking the following medications and supplements one week prior to their procedure and continue abstaining from them for 3-5 days post treatment.
Ibuprofin or related NSAIDS
St. John’s Wart
Fish Oil/Omega-3 fatty acids
- Eat your way to speedier recovery. Consider increasing consumption of leafy greens such as spinach, kale and celery to boost Vitamin K and help reduce the possibility of bruising and swelling. Fresh pineapple (not canned or frozen) contains bromelain which can help minimize bruising.
- Arnica supplements have been shown to reduce discomfort, bruising and swelling. Start taking arnica a few days before treatment and continue until bruising is resolved. Arnica + K cream can also be applied to areas most affected by bruising (around the mouth and under the eyes) for several days before injection.
- Skip the salt. Injectable fillers are made from hyaluronic acid, which pulls in water, so salt can increase swelling. Cut back on it for 24 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol a few days before treatment. It acts as a blood thinner making you more susceptible to bleeding, bruising and swelling.
- Hydrate! This one is crucial. Drinking plenty of water can speed up the wound healing process. Without proper hydration, the tissue won’t receive the oxygen and nutrients it needs for healing. This disrupts cell function, slows down the healing process, and increases risks of infection or other complications.
So, you’ve prepped yourself for optimal healing. Appointment day! Now it’s your provider’s turn to take excellent care of you. Ask questions, communicate concerns, then relax and let the expert take over. Whew!
Once treatment is complete, you can further assist in the healing process and shorten recovery time.
AFTER your appointment:
- Within the first hour, apply ice to the treated area. Continue application as needed during the first 48 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activity for the first 24-48 hours as it may result in additional bruising/swelling.
- Apply topical Arnica. *Arnica is available for purchase at Amanda Rose Esthetics.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 3-4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid exposing the area to excessive heat. Saunas, spas and hot showers can raise the blood pressure, leading to additional bruising.
- Avoid alcohol and drink plenty of water to maintain hydration.
- Try not to miss a meal. Nutrition is vital to the healing process. Avoid high sodium, high sugar, refined carbohydrates and spicy foods. Fuel up on leafy greens, and protein.
Encourage healing from the inside out with the above recommendations (plus any additional instruction from your provider, specific to treatment) and you’ll be blissfully gazing upon your refreshed reflection in the mirror before you know it.
The products; cleansers, toners, moisturizers, serums. The target types; anti-agers, moisture replenishers, acne fighters. The sources; drug stores, departments stores, direct sales companies, professional providers. SO MANY OPTIONS. The pursuit of the perfect potions for your skin can be exhausting, expensive and sometimes totally unsuccessful. Before your next skincare purchase, consider talking with your provider about skinbetter science® .
skinbetter science® has created award-winning products not only for patients, but for the physicians, nurses, aestheticians and surgeons who help patients achieve beautiful skin. Their products are backed by decades of rigorous clinical research (in powerhouse products like Restylane® and Dysport®) and furthered by a continued commitment to the study of skincare science.
skinbetter‘s groundbreaking treatment products are available only through authorized physicians, now including Amanda Rose Esthetics. At your next visit, inquire for your customized, effective and results-driven regimen recommendation.